- Surbex Zinc
- Surbex Protect
- Surbex Bio-Enhanced Fish Oil Plus
- Surbex Bio-Enhanced Calcium Plus
- Surbex Bio-Enhanced Evening Primrose Oil
- Surbex Natopherol ® Bio-Enhanced 250IU
- Surbex Natopherol ® Vegicaps 400IU
- Surbex Natopherol ® ALA Plus
Uric acid is a waste product from the break down of purine, a substance that is made within our body and found in many of the foods we eat. It is excreted through our urine, but when too much uric acid builds up it can cause attacks of painful arthritis (gout) especially in toes and fingers. It can also result in kidney stones and blockage in the kidney.
Certain foods trigger high level of uric acid in your body. Cut down on purine-rich foods such as organ meat, goose, duck, anchovies, mackerel, scallops, mussels and also moderate purine-rich vegetable such as asparagus, cauliflower, spinach, mushroom and green peas. Another agitator is the over-consumption of alcohol especially beer.
Indulging in these foods will increase uric acid in the blood – hyperuricemia - causing urine to become acidic. Eventually, the uric acid will crystallize in joints and tissues to trigger off a gout attack if the uric acid is not reduced.
Consult your healthcare professional today to find out how Ural can help to neutralize your uric acid problem.
Ural Effervescent Granules
Pleasantly flavoured Urinary Alkalinizer
1. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003476.htm/ - assessed 1 March 2011
2. Product Information